The Les Mis movie poster (Good design):
- One Gestalt principle this poster demonstrates is the law of Pragnanz. At first glance your brain tells you it is a french flag, but is you look closer you see a more complex picture.
- Color for this poster has a huge effect on the way you see the poster, as the colors on the poster represent the colors on the french flag.
- This poster uses another good design principle in the way the lines in the barricade draw your eyes and brings your attention to the french flag atop the white building.
- This poster shows harmony in how all the different design elements come together to create a well balanced picture and relates to the movies plot.
Baby genius poster (Bad design)
- This poster has some really bad design qualities; One of the first things I see in bad design is the lack of empty space, making this poster cluttered and hard to look at.
- There is too much happening in this poster (The church in the background, the man, the weird symbols up top, etc.) this to me makes it hard to navigate and get the plot of the movie across.
- It is hard to get the information due to the many lines in this picture going in so many directions. For example the lights bring your attention to the babies, but the baby in the ball immediately takes your attention away from the information.